Registered Veterinary Nurse
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, enthusiastic and customer-focused Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team at our state-of-the-art Southampton surgery.
You’ll be a key member of our surgery’s team, assisting our Veterinary Surgeons in delivering excellence in clinical care and customer service. You’ll assist in delivering preventive services, treating sick and injured pets and be able to demonstrate a real passion for promoting pet wellbeing.
We offer extensive facilities and equipment, including: 2 operating theatres, dental suite, digital x-ray suite, handheld dental x-ray machine, new ultrasound equipment, separate wards for dogs, cats and small animals, walk-in kennels, a separate lab, isolation unit, multiparameter monitors and orthopaedic equipment.
About the role:
You will provide first class care to patients and exceptional, 5-star service to our clients.
You will assist our Veterinary Surgeons and the wider clinical team in the day-to-day clinical duties and organisation of the practice with an emphasis on providing a warm, memorable and personal client experience.
This will include:
- Administering first class nursing care – monitoring the progress of the patient and being able to prioritise first aid actions to stabilise and prevent further discomfort.
- Ensuring exemplary standards of patient care – preparing and cleaning patient accommodation in accordance with the needs of the patient and local policy, making sure the patient is safe, secure and clean, monitoring and recording of the patient’s condition.
- Demonstrating expert knowledge – offering clear and concise advice about pet health plans, assisting and supporting clients when caring for their pets.
- Diagnostics – assisting the veterinary surgeon in laboratory diagnostic testing - taking samples as necessary, storing and preserving in the appropriate manner and completing documentation.
- Radiography – preparing radiography equipment, identifying the areas to be imaged and recording results according to practice procedures.
- Hygiene excellence – in line with regulations and guidelines, maintaining the surgical environment and equipment and implementing infection control measures.
- Surgical assistance – assisting the veterinary surgeon during surgical procedures, providing appropriate equipment and materials, operation of surgical equipment as appropriate.
- Anaesthesia – confirming the patient’s condition and the anaesthetic procedure to be administered, performing pre-anaesthetic checks as appropriate and monitoring of the patients throughout the procedure.
- Medication – calculating and administering medication to patients, always maintaining accurate records, dispensing (if you have SQP status).
Salary from £23,000 DOE
Other staff benefits include profit share bonus, long service recognition, sabbatical for colleagues with 3yrs + continuous service and income protection.
Browse permanent and locum jobs at RCVS Accredited Independent Practices