Senior Veterinary Surgeon
A great new opportunity has become available for a Senior Vet to join either the Liverpool or Warrington surgeries.
Our new Senior Vet will need to have a surgical bias so must be either a certificate holder, working towards a certificate or would like to start one asap. We will fund the PG-Cert.
Their role would be to spearhead the surgical agenda at the surgery, developing the services so that we can become a centre of excellence for orthopaedics and complex soft tissue surgery in the NW bridging the gap between first opinion and referral centre.
To support this ambition, we have just purchased a TPLO kit and a new ultrasound has been ordered (Sonoscape X5V). We would like our surgical Senior Vets to help invest further in our equipment as we shape the direction of the surgeries.
We operate a 4-day week with 1:4 Saturdays (9am – 4pm) averaging 37.5 hours per week and we do not do the 12/13-hour shifts – they are all between 8-9 hours max.
· Centre is open 8am – 6:30pm in the week
· No OOH
· No (or very little) sole charge
· Fair share of early/late and consult/surgical shifts
· Set days for vaccines and set days for neutering to allow full use of the diary for sick pets
· Varied case
· Interest in surgery and/or imaging
· £60,000+ DOE
· £2K relocation costs or golden hello
· Recognition scheme
· Salary sacrifice company car
· Income protection
· 3% company pension contribution
· PG-Cert fully funded
Browse permanent and locum jobs at RCVS Accredited Independent Practices