Veterinary Surgeon- SA/ Exotics
High exotic caseload for experienced vet
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon at our well-equipped first and second opinion, small animal and exotic Veterinary practice in Maidstone, Kent. The successful candidate will be working alongside our friendly team of qualified vets, nurses, and animal care assistants to provide a high standard of care for our clients and hospital patients. Our Vets see an exciting and varied exotics caseload and offer first, and second opinion veterinary care and they also have the opportunity to continually develop their skills through an excellent CPD programme. Our moto, if it fits through the door, we'll see it!
Fix or flex – find your perfect balance
Typically, this is a full-time role is 40 hours over 4 days with 1:4 weekends and no out-of-hours. However, part time applications will also be considered alongside flexible working arrangements should they be needed. The role would ideally be suitable for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon in exotics or small animals looking for a new challenge in a supportive environment.
Salary up to £55,000 depending on experience
Established over 10 years ago, The Centre is renowned for its reputation in exotic medicine and opportunities to join this friendly team are rare, so if you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a well-established business apply now! We have a varied exotics caseload and work within a recently refurbished practice. We run three consulting rooms, an exotic ward, small animal cages, surgical theatre, and prep room, with radiography and ultrasonography, in addition to in-house clinical pathology and dental facilities. We aim to provide a friendly atmosphere and welcoming team, with great transport links to reach far away adventures in addition to local ones.
Our ideal candidate would be confident in dealing with clients and the more routine pets and have a keen desire to build their skills with the more exotic! A strong work ethic and desire to help others and work with the team is essential. Caring for the patients and the clients is key. The candidate must be eligible for working in the United Kingdom.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...