We are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team in Musselburgh. This is a full-time position; however, part time may be considered. This is based on 40 hours per week, working 4 days per week with one full set day off every week. The rota is equally shared to allow every vet equal amounts of consulting and operating.
We have an extremely varied case load that includes orthopaedics (fracture repairs, lateral suture cruciate repairs, TTA cruciate repairs), platelet therapy, dentistry, ophthalmology medical and surgical cases, diagnostic imaging work ups, medicine case investigations, dermatological cases, exotics medical and surgical cases, endoscopy investigations and emergency surgeries. We have an orthopaedic certificate holder, a dermatology certificate holder and two vets currently working towards certificates.
We do our own OOH until 23:00 when it is passed to a neighbouring practice. The rota consists of working 1 in 12 full weekends on call, and 1 in 12 weekends day time consulting. Weekends worked are rewarded with time off in lieu. Salary will reflect on experience and qualifications.
Salary for this role is up to £64,000 depending on experience.
We are a multisite practice with 3 sites across East Lothian and Mid Lothian. We are a very busy practice with a long-standing loyal client base. Our team is made up of 17 vets, 9 Nurses and 8 Reception/Admin across 3 sites. The practice is fully equipped with digital x-ray, a new ultrasound scanner, laparoscopy and endoscopy equipment, a slit lamp, and a fully equipped lab. There is plenty opportunity to develop and learn new skills, and this is actively encouraged. We are fully staffed with a great team of nurses with varying levels of experience and are a nurse training practice. There are also a number of excellent specialist referral practices in the area should we wish to refer on any cases
About the Team and Culture
Our team is made up of 17 vets, 9 Nurses, 1 ACA and 10 Reception/Admin across 3 sites. We have 4 certificate holders in soft tissue surgery, orthopaedics, Dermatology, and a couple working towards one.
Must be RCVS registered and confident in all aspects of routine 1st opinion work, you will be confident working on your own as well as being part of the team.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Please enquire if interested.
(Job ID 33856).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Browse permanent and locum jobs at RCVS Accredited Independent Practices