RVN- West London
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. You will be supporting the Veterinary Surgeon with consultations and procedures, nursing hospitalised and day patients, helping with reception duties, stock control, and infection control.
Full-time working hours are 40 hours per week over 5 days. Hours selected between 08.30am and 6.30pm Mondays to Saturdays. Part-time hours and days are very flexible. No out of hours.
The salary for this role is up to £29,000 depending on experience.
We are a small team situated in the leafy West London area. We have excellent transport links and are right next to the overground rail, central line, Elizabeth line, district line and within easy access to Paddington station. There is also a nearby shopping centre and parks.
We have a variety of equipment and facilities such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, separated operating theatre, separate dog and cat kennels, a small lab, pet shop. We are protocols and guidance orientated and have long standing loyal clients.
About the Team and Culture
Our team consists of a dedicated permanent Saturday Vet, 2 Receptionists, Practice Manager, 2 Vets (who are certificate holders in ophthalmology and digital imagery). The Vet Nurse will have support to maintain and improve the nursing role at the clinic as well as their personal development. All our staff members are incredibly supportive and prioritise fairness and efficiency.
We are looking for someone who has experience working as a sole nurse or within a small team, but not essential. Must be registered with the RCVS. Part time role would be better suited for a nurse with some head nurse experience or team management experience but will be supported to grow these skills also.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...