Our surgery is a busy and fast-growing practice and we require an RVN to take care of the day-to-day running. You will be responsible for the organisation, supervision of student nurses and stock control of the branch, reporting to the Head Nurse. As an RVN you will also be involved with Nurse consultations, giving you the chance to get to know our lovely clients. As an RCVS accredited general practice, you will also be responsible for maintaining the high standards in different aspects of the branch. Shifts will include 8.30-4.30pm, 9-5pm and 11-7pm, shifts are rotated. A full-time candidate will work 5 days a week, but this is flexible for someone looking for a part-time position. Some out-of-hours duties also form part of this role.
Our branch is a busy 3-4 vet, first-opinion practice, with a team of 2-4 nurses working each day. We have an average of 4-6 routine operations a day and a full consulting diary. We have a clean operating theatre and scrub room, a large prep area, x-ray suite and dental facility with dental x-ray. With a purpose-built interior and a clean and hygienic feel. This branch is supported by our Hospital.
The successful candidate will be a Registered Veterinary Nurse and have been qualified for at least one year. Ideally, they will be used to working in a busy environment or looking forward to working in a fast-paced environment. This role will suit someone looking for a step up in their career to develop their leadership skills. They must have excellent communication and organisational skills.
Package and Benefits:
- Salary up to £27,320 depending on experience
- 6.6 weeks holiday, which increases based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
- Optional private medical insurance
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...