Registered Veterinary Nurse
The role involves working with a vet in the morning- operating, x-raying (digital x-ray), ultrasound scanning, dentistry, and working up cases. Afternoons are spent caring for inpatients, nurse consults, and stock management. Some reception work will be required. There will be some flexibility with regard to the shift hours/days worked. The on-call rota is only until 11pm and is shared equally between 8 nurses, with time given off in lieu. Part-time would be considered and flexible with the days/hours which can be discussed.
We are located around 40 minutes from Edinburgh city centre. This position involves being the sole nurse with a team of 4 vets. There would be occasional work at our other branch practice. The practice is well-established and very well-equipped. Our whole team is made up of 17 vets (including certificate holders), 9 Nurses, and 8 Reception/Admin. We have a strong, enthusiastic, experienced team who all work well together.
About the Team and Culture
Our branch is a friendly team of 4 vets, 1 nurse and 2 admin/receptionists. This is a well-established branch surgery, with loyal and long-standing clientele, in modern spacious premises. There is free parking, and we are also on the main bus route. Our location gives easy access both to the city of Edinburgh and the Scottish Borders, and has great local amenities.
RVN - Happy to work sole.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Time off in lieu for weekend work.
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• X CPD allowance with X hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...