Registered Veterinary Nurse
We are looking for a couple of positive, enthusiastic and passionate Veterinary Nurses to come and join our wonderful team of vets, nurses and support staff. We would be happy to consider either RVNs or SVNs who are already competent in Anaesthesia and Recovery. We are a practice in Norwich.
Norwich is a lovely city to live and work in with what we think of is the right mixture of city and countryside. We are 30 mins from the beach, 15 mins from the broads yet only 5 minutes drive away from the city centre. In Norwich City centre we have an amazing array of shops for those that enjoy their retail therapy. We also have a wonderful cathedral and some beautiful architecture that you really should visit if you can.
We have a supportive, experienced team with certificate holders in surgery and ophthalmology and four other vets currently studying for certificates. We have ultrasound, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, tonometry, slit lamp, multi parameter units for both theatres and full in-house lab.
We are situated inside the Pets At Home Store and are lucky enough to have access to a large area of free parking.
Our Joint Venture Partners have a love of orthopaedics and surgery and regularly do Cruciate and Patella repairs along with simple fracture fixations.
We have 4 consulting rooms, a theatre, prep room, an imaging area, dog and cat wards, isolation and a lovely new reception area with separate cat and dog waiting areas. We are also currently working towards our Silver Cat Friendly Status.
We have a varied caseload with the ability to work up cases in-house and clinical freedom to do so. We are always looking to improve our standards with regular clinical meetings, journal club and CPD. We are always striving to improve our work-life balance and the mental health of our team.
We have recently appointed a mental health first aider and are implementing the BVA good workplace guide.
What we are looking for:
· A full-time veterinary nurse.
· Someone confident with all routine first opinion work, however, there would always be support available for those needing support in some areas.
· Positive team player.
· Organised and structured
· Good ability to manage time well.
· Passionate and the willingness to provide excellent patient and client care.
· Ideally for a full-time position a 4-day week and a day off each week but we are happy to be flexible and discuss other options.
· 1:4 weekends (Saturday 9am-6pm and Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm – non-negotiable)
· No Out of Hours
· Good communication skills.
What we can offer:-
· A positive, happy and supportive working environment.
· A wonderful team of vets, RVNs, students RVNs and lots of support staff.
· Access to a qualified dog behaviourist who offers behavioural consultations and puppy classes.
· Zero tolerance policy on inappropriate behaviour and language from clients and staff.
· Mental Health First Aiders
· Employee assistance help line
· Good work life balance
· Strongly promotes recycling
· Open to part time working
· Clear job descriptions and expectations
· Competitive salary scale appropriate to experience
· Regular pay reviews
· Regular career development reviews
· Generous CPD per annum of £500 with added support towards certificates.
· Excellent Clinical Support
· Free In house Learning and Development CPD Portal
· Regular Vet and Nurse Clinical Club meetings
· Certificates and Special Interests supported and encouraged.
· Encourage non-clinical CPD (leadership and development)
· Encourage feedback and ideas to move the business forward
· Paid membership for RCVS and VDS
· Companion Pension Scheme
· 40 % veterinary staff discount and 20% Pets At Home staff discount
· Access to Veterinary Group “discounts”
· 5 weeks holiday per annum, increasing to 6 weeks after 1 full years’ service (Jan-Dec).
· Your birthday off as an additional days holiday (or within a month of that date)
· Enhanced sick pay
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Beyond all else, we’re committed to animal health and welfare, and we absolutely put pets first. The most powerful relationships we have are with pets...