Night Veterinary Surgeon
Are you looking for just a job or are you looking for a job where you can work to your full potential? We could have the perfect role for you!
Our well-established night service in Oxfordshire is looking for a Night Veterinary Surgeon to join our highly motivated team. The role is focused on the emergency and hospital care of a great variety of cases. You will work closely with our day team to ensure our patients have gold standard healthcare.
Throughout the night you will be working with one of our experienced dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurses who will take phone calls, triage, care for in-patients, and support you during procedures.
You must enjoy client communication and be able to enhance the client bond through explanation and a warm, compassionate approach.
We take pride in the work that we do and that’s why we are committed to investing in the career progression of our team. Working towards an ECC Certificate accreditation would be fully supported.
Work/life balance is ever more important in this changing world and so we are happy and eager to discuss working patterns to suit your needs and lifestyle.
We have a wide range of equipment available to you at all times including:
• Philips iu22 Abdominal Ultrasound
• Philips ie33 Cardiac Ultrasound
• Range of digital endoscopy
• Multiparameter monitoring including capnography & blood pressure at all stations
• Range of Idexx lab equipment
The salary will be between £65,000 - £70,000 depending on experience.
Benefits Veterinary Surgeon
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 5 weeks holiday + BH + LS + Birthday
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,750 CPD allowance with up to 36 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support- time off and financial support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...