We have an exciting opening for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. The role involves working closely with the team on a day-to-day basis whilst providing clinical support and guidance where required. Your primary focus will be to participate in the successful day-to-day running of our practice with the full team and providing outstanding clinical care.
Our Practice is in a great location, only 15 minutes away from the North York Moors and within an hour of Leeds, York and Newcastle. A great location if you like getting out in the fresh air. We’re close to cities with great cultural opportunities.
We're a high standard practice with ultrasound, full IDEXX Blood machine range, BP monitoring and Multi-parameter GA monitoring.
We have many stand-out benefits available to us for example:
- Salary of up to £50,000 negotiable depending on experience
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- Five fully paid days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Focus on employee wellbeing with fully paid wellbeing days issued
- 5 days paid CPD leave with a £1500 CPD allowance per annum, alongside the opportunity for fully funded certificates.
- Up to four days PETernity leave, for when that new furry member joins your family
- Birthday day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
- Your pets can benefit from our Complete Wellness Plan too. Up to 3 pets are free on our wellness plan (free consults, vaccinations, flea, worm, and more)
About the Team and Culture
We currently have 4 Veterinary Surgeons, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Veterinary Care Assistant and 4 Client Care Coordinators.
Our team have a GPCert in Surgery and are studying towards their GP Certificates in medicine, so we tackle a great variety of cases. We also run our own Nurse Clinics and encourage our Nurses to make full use of their clinical training and skills! We are also proud to have Nurses who recently won the Hills Senior Nurse of the Year and the Hills Weight Management Nurse of the Year!
We are a close-knit, experienced team who really enjoys working together! We love our well-being afternoons where we have recently completed an Easter egg hunt and board games! Coming up, we have a nature walk and craft afternoon planned!
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility, and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with the team to provide a quality experience for the owner and pets alike.
• Experience in a Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...