We have an exciting opening for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. The role involves a 4-day week (8:30-7) and a share of Saturdays, with time given back for Saturday hours. No OOH. A mixture of surgery and consults is available each day.
A senior position could be available for anyone interested in taking a step up. This would involve working closely with the rest of the team on a day to day basis, providing clinical support and guidance where needed.
The salary is up to £55,000 depending on experience.
We are a 4.5 vet, 6 RVN team, with a great reception support. The practice is well equipped with 3 vet and 1 nurse consult rooms. digital radiography, including dental radiography and ultrasound facilities. We are an ISFM accredited cat friendly clinic with separate cat and dog wards. We also carry out regular audits to keep improving our practice as part of the Practice Standards Scheme. Our amazing nursing team run weight clinics, cuddle clinics for our nervous patients and senior clinics. We are also a training practice for nursing students. Baked treats often feature in the staff room with some keen bakers in the team.
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You must be happy with most aspects of general surgery, dentals, and dental x-rays and have strong communication skills. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owners and pets alike.
Further team member benefits enjoyed include:
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Paid bereavement leave
• Service related company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...