Senior Veterinary Surgeon
Our practice is currently experiencing an exciting period of development, and as result, we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a Veterinary Surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career.
This is a 40-hour position over 4 days. Our practice opening hours are 08:00-19:00. You are required to work a share of Saturdays however, with time given back in lieu. There is no OOH required for this role.
This role would be perfect for someone who is looking to build a good caseload, either medical or surgical - but also has a keen interest in developing themselves as a leader, and taking on some managerial responsibilities within the clinic. This role would be fully supported under the guidance of the Clinic Director and a Central Support Team.
The salary for this role is up to £57,000 DOE
Our lovely practice is based just 10 minutes walk from the train station and only 20 minutes from Manchester's shopping, restaurants and nightlife.
Being an established practice, we have lots of longstanding clients with interesting medical cases, due to the age of our practice. We have prep room, a dedicated dental suite with IM3 X-Ray and 2 surgical operating theatres.
About the Team and Culture
We are currently a team with 2 Veterinary Surgeons, with a new graduate vet starting in August so there will also be lots of teaching opportunities with this role! We also have practice support, 4 experienced RVNs, 2 Veterinary Care Assistants, and 2 Client Care Coordinators.
We love getting together, especially during our well-being afternoons. We have recently had a movie afternoon, played games in the sunshine, and decorated Easter bonnets!
Experience in a Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Further team member benefits enjoyed include:
Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Paid bereavement leave
• Service-related company sick pay
• Annual pay reviews
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...