Experienced Veterinary Surgeon
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to come and join our fantastic team, who can hit the ground running in our small but busy practice.
Preferably you will have experience and be competent with routine surgery and happy to consult independently. There is sole charge 1 in 5 weekends (8 am to 4 pm Saturday and 10 am to 1 pm Sunday) although there is phone back up and we do all support each other frequently.
After working the weekend, you receive Thursday and Friday off in Lieu. We thrive for a work life balance, and we are happy to support any certification or area of interest Salary up to £55,000 DOE + benefits and a generous relocation allowance is available.
We are a small but busy practice located on the beautiful Hampshire coastline, enjoying the tranquility of small-town life whilst being located between two major cities, Southampton and Portsmouth. We pride ourselves on our preventative medicine and aim to provide gold standard care, being able to offer many in-house procedures than would normally require costly referral. We have a friendly, compassionate, supportive team of vets and nurses, who regularly enjoy social events together outside of work (except during COVID pandemics!). In terms of kit, we have: ultrasound, cardiac ultrasound, DR radiography, Dental radiography, Endoscopy, Bronchoscopy, Rhinoscopy, Laparoscopic surgery, surgical laser, 4 Anaesthetic monitors, Orthopaedic equipment, MMP kits and SOP kits.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in the UK in small animal practice. The candidate would preferably have a medicine bias but be comfortable with routine neutering procedures and happy to consult unassisted. We are looking for a candidate who can come in and hit the ground running in our busy practice. Being friendly and a good communicator with a can-do attitude is a must.
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks of holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata plus additional day for management training
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Relocation allowance up to £3000
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...