We are looking to welcome a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join our fantastic team, on a part or full-time basis. The role will involve a mixture of consulting and theatre. Candidates studying towards or holding a postgraduate qualification are encouraged to apply.
· Part/full time vacancy
· 2.5-4 days per week (flexible)
· On call rota is 1 in 6/7 OOH (we are proud to offer our clients our own out of hours service)
· 1 in 6/7 weekends (Friday/Saturday & Sunday) with a Saturday 8.30am-12.30pm clinic which is assisted by a RVN and receptionist. A day off in lieu the following week.
£60,000 per annum (negotiable) depending on experience
We are a first opinion and cardiology referral practice. We are surrounded by gorgeous countryside and good access to A1, with Rutland Water only 4 miles down the road. It is a 45-minute train journey to Kings Cross in London.
You will be joining a progressive team of 6 vets (including a RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Cardiology and another completing the certificate in Internal Medicine), 9 nurses & 8 support staff who are proud to offer our clients a high standard of clinical expertise and patient care.
Our aim is to offer a good work/life balance in a friendly, relaxed working atmosphere. We are well equipped with excellent equipment and facilities such as two operating theatres, separate hospitalisation areas for cats and dogs (we are an accredited Silver ISFM practice), digital radiography, endoscopy, advanced Doppler ultrasound, Holter monitor, tonometer, diamond burr and other dedicated ophthalmic equipment, multi-parameter units, in house laboratory and more.
Career development is encouraged and supported.
We are looking to welcome a Veterinary Surgeon who feels confident with routine surgery and medical cases, help is available when needed. You will be keen to deliver a positive client experience and high standards of care. Study towards certificate qualification is supported with a generous CPD allowance and allocated study time. Certificate holders are encouraged to apply.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...