This practice is looking for a dedicated first opinion vet to work alongside 6 other vets across their two busy practices. We are happy to accept applications from both recently graduated and experienced vets who are looking to work as part of a supportive team! The successful candidate will be involved in all general veterinary duties, both medical and surgical. Our team agrees that the successful vet needs to be an exceptional communicator with a strong customer focus.
Based at one of the practices, we offer a flexible shift pattern ideally working a 4 day week with 10.5-hour days. 1:6 weekends and no out of hours!
The salary for this role is up to £50,000 depending on experience + 5K Golden Handshake.
Our modern practice is based in an area with local links to the city of Lincoln and train links to London. We offer the perfect opportunity for someone looking for a country setting with access to the busy shopping and nightlife. We pride ourselves on delivering a high standard of care, to help us do this we have excellent facilities including digital x-ray, internal lab, and ultrasound machines. We have an amazing team around us, that supports and builds one another up - we are a busy first opinion practice but get through the day with laughter and cake.
About the Team and Culture
Across both sites we have a total team of 8 veterinary surgeons, 10 registered veterinary nurses as well as student veterinary nurses and veterinary care assistants, supported by a full team of support staff for reception, admin, finance etc. We have certificate holders in cardiology and have vets studying towards their surgery and ophthalmology certificate. The candidate will have a great opportunity to learn, be supported and be encouraged to fulfil their potential. We work closely with the RSPCA, CP, and local wildlife and small animal charities.
Qualified and Registered Vet. We are happy to accept New Graduates for this role and we have a very successful mentoring system for new grads.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 5 weeks of annual leave and increasing holiday allowance based on length of service. Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance, Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy payCycle to Work scheme, Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata Certificate support Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider. All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding. All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund, Infection Prevention and Control Programme Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership, VDS cover, RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers, Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer, Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...