The role involves a mix of general first opinion consults and operating on a shared rota with the rest of the team. Some branch work may be required in our practices located nearby which are sole charge, supported by a RVN and reception team. CPD is actively encouraged and funded, with more than half of our vets currently studying for certificates.
The hours for this role are 40 hours per week across 4 days with one regular day off weekly. You will be required to work 2 in 7 Saturdays and there are no OOH.
Salary for the role is up to £50,000 per annum depending on experience.
We are a busy tier 2 small animal practice located in Kent. We are only 30 minutes from London on the high-speed train, 15 minutes from the coast and Eurotunnel and just 15 minutes from the beautiful city of Canterbury.
Our practice has some excellent facilities offering laparoscopic procedures and on-site CT scanner.
About the Team and Culture
The practice has a caring and supportive culture and there is plenty of opportunity to learn from both senior and visiting colleagues. We encourage the sharing of CPD and best practice and hold regular M&M meetings to ensure that we are delivering the best care for both our patients and clients. The welfare of our team is very important to us, and we constantly strive to ensure a good work-life balance and supportive working environment.
Currently our team consists of 8.2 FTE veterinary surgeons supported by 12 RVNs, 3 SVNs, 2 kennel assistants and a dispensing assistant.
Our Client Care Manager heads up a team of 12 receptionists and an insurance administrator.
One of our senior vets holds a CertAVP, and we are being joined by a surgery certificate holder in October and other vets are studying for certificates in imaging, anaesthesia, and internal medicine.
We have visiting specialists in orthopaedics, ophthalmology, and cardiology. We are currently supporting APHA with vet checks for the importation of Ukranian pets and the teams regularly take part in charity events.
This role is ideal for MRCVS seeking to develop their skills in a busy and supportive environment, who is confident with sole charge and with general level of surgery.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,200 CPD allowance with 5 day paid pro-rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...