We have an excellent opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our lovely team on either a Full Time or Part Time basis. You will be Sole Charge with a nice mixture of consults and surgery seeing a wide variety of cases, (we see a lot of cats due to our ties with local cat charities).
The Full-Time position is generally 4 long days, (Monday – Thursday) working between 8.30am - 7.30pm, (often we finish at 7pm) with a 1-hour lunch break. Saturdays are 1:3, (9am - 6pm). We don’t open Sundays or Bank Holidays and there is no out-of-hours.
If you are looking for a Part Time role, we can accommodate a 3-day working week, (Monday – Wednesday) with 1:3 Saturdays.
- Salary up to £55,000 depending on experience
- Relocation Allowance up to £5,000 (Subject to Eligibility)
We are a busy first opinion practice in the heart of a lovely neighbourhood. There is a beautiful park in front of the practice that offers a lovely place for summer lunches, we are also a short walk from the underground station served by the Piccadilly line. The practice is equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, large endoscope, rhinoscope, multiparameter, suction, electrocautery, microscope connected to the camera and an internal laboratory for routine diagnostics. We have 2 large consulting rooms and a very bright reception. The upstairs floor is dedicated to office duties.
About the Team and Culture
We are a team of 2 Vets, 1 Head Nurse, 1 Student Nurse, 2 VCAs, 2 Receptionists, 1 Administrator and 1 Manager. We also have an orthopaedic Vet with a certificate in advanced veterinary practice who works alongside us regularly to provide his services. We have an excellent and loyal client base which we value our relationships with, we also support any charity initiative, and we often receive pets from Cats protection and other local charities.
We share our knowledge to continuously improve each other and provide the best standard of care to our patients. Overall, we are committed to individual career development and have access to a variety of in house CPD alongside a generous CPD allowance.
We require someone who is an experienced, confident small animal Veterinary Surgeon and a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. We are looking for a Full-time or Part-time Veterinary Surgeon who is able to work sole charge. We wish to ideally find a candidate interested in supporting the students and new graduates.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks of paid holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care”
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...