Veterinary Surgeon - Derby, Derbyshire
We are looking to recruit two new vets, one to work Friday and Saturday 8am to 6pm and one to work Sunday and Monday 8am to 6pm. There is also the possibility of additional hours to cover for holidays etc but this is voluntary. This is a great role for someone looking for a good work/life balance.
This role will focus on providing excellent care for both our patients and clients. We also take in cases from our own and other local practices. There are endless opportunities for you to expand your knowledge and develop your skills by working closely with other members of the first opinion and referral teams.
We are the largest provider of veterinary care in the East Midlands. The main hospital is based in Derby and is home to a busy first opinion practice, a multidisciplinary referral service and an out-of-hours service.
We have 12 practice sites in Derby, Burton and Nottingham with well-equipped on-site facilities offering a high-quality local service.
You will be working alongside vets and highly skilled Nurses and Client Care Advisors. The multidisciplinary referral clinicians, residents and interns are happy to give case management advice and ensure smooth handover of cases that require internal referral.
• Experienced in small animal work (ideally a minimum of 2 years small animal practice)
• Great client communication skills
• Ability to make decisions, prioritise and delegate.
• An interest in medicine and imaging
• Commitment to continuous development
• Previous emergency experience
• Previous hospital environment
• Certificate or a desire to enrol
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...