Part-Time Primary Care Veterinary Surgeon
SALARY: Up to £56,000 pro-rata DOE, plus relocation package up to £5000, and welcome bonus up to £3000
We are a multi-centre veterinary practice with six branches located across Newcastle upon Tyne and Northumberland. We focus on providing a high quality of care for all our patients and are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon to complement our friendly team.
When you join us, you will benefit from working with an experienced and diverse team including 4 certificate holders (specialties include surgery, small animal medicine, and cardiology) and 5 vets currently working towards certificates (including dentistry and emergency and critical care). We are lucky to also have a great team of support staff including 14 RVNs and SVNs, 3 animal care assistants, and an abundance of helpful reception and administrative staff. A number of our wonderful RVNs are trained in schedule 3 procedures, allowing our vets time to deal with more complex cases, and we also have RVNs working towards further qualifications in ECC, behaviour, and feline nursing. There is a great atmosphere amongst the staff and help is always at hand for the trickier cases!
Facilities you will benefit from include:
- Direct digital radiography
- Ultrasonography with Doppler
- In-house laboratory
- Dental radiography
- CT scanner
- Laparoscopy (currently offer laparoscopic spays but scope to expand to further laparoscopic procedures in the near future)
- Part-time hours negotiable on application
- 1 in 6 Saturdays
- Shared bank holiday rota (generally 1-2 per year) with TOIL for each bank holiday worked
- No out-of-hour commitments
- Job role can either be 100% consulting vet, or time split between consulting, surgery, medical procedures, and dentistry
- Consulting split between our main site and one of our 5 branches, with surgery and medical procedures at our main site and dentistry at another nearby branch
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring veterinary surgeon with excellent communication skills. We will consider all levels of experience for this role, from recent graduates to certificate holders or those wishing to return to work after a break.
BENEFITS (Subject to pro-rata)
- 6.6 weeks’ holiday entitlement (5 weeks plus bank holidays) on a pro-rata basis
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- Certificate study encouraged and funded
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...