Head Veterinary Nurse
We are seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly and supportive team as Head Nurse!
The successful candidate will report to the Practice Manager and will be required to manage all aspects of the nursing team. You will ensure excellent teamwork and the highest level of clinical care is provided along with your day-to-day nursing duties. There will also be additional duties required for our successful head nurse to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Manage the Nursing Team and stocking levels
• Rotas for both Vets & Nurses, static and rotating staff, to include sick cover rotas. Organise holidays cover, out of hours cover, CPD and college attendance.
• Support the partners in new projects/encourage team involvement in new projects to ensure the smooth running and continual improvement of the practice.
• Recruitment – conduct interviews, carry out inductions, organise & issue starter packs (ensure they are current for both Vets & Nurses).
• Training – organise in-house training for all Nurses & ensure all RVN’s are up to date with their CPD. Equipment maintenance – ensure all staff members are trained adequately & that SOPs are current. All issues with equipment are dealt with promptly.
We are invested in our team, so we will be offering certifications to support your clinical development and interests.
The salary for this role is up to £30,000 depending on experience.
We strive to offer a good work home life balance. We are a small animal vet practice in Brighton with on road parking walking distance from clinic. Brighton is a lively, quirky, and unique seaside city and is crowned the most dog friendly city in the UK and is a great place to live and work. The practice has been serving the local community for many years and is situated in a fantastic part of Brighton.
About the Team and Culture
We currently have 2.5 Vets, 2 RVN's and 2 Student Nurses. We also have 4 support staff that cover our reception desk ensuring we have two receptionists every day. We pride ourselves on having a supportive and friendly culture and a true family like ethos.
The successful candidate should be confident to work within both surgical and nurse clinics and would join a team of 2.5 Vets, 2 Nurses and a great support network. You will be interested in building strong client relationships, have exceptional clinical standards and enjoy working within a team with some sole charge. Ideally, you will have some leadership experience and clinical coaching experience.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• Increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Birthday leave
• RCVS Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...