Registered Veterinary Nurse
Registered Veterinary Nurse required
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse or 2nd Year Student Veterinary Nurse to join our amazing small animal and exotics team!
We have been proudly caring for the pets of south Manchester for the last 50 years and is fortunate to have a lovely client base and good reputation. With easy access to airports, motorways, and city centre it’s an ideal location. Well equipped with usual toys (digital x-rays, video endoscope, ultrasound) we can cater for most patient’s needs. We pride ourselves on giving honest advice to clients and never work in a target driven way.
We are looking for a hard worker who is able to work in a fast-paced environment, in a large team who is adaptable and dependable.
Duties for this role will include; admits, discharges, inpatient care, anaesthetics, nurse clinics, consult team, pharmacy, ward nurse, recovery, countersigning the medication box, nurse messages and of course client care. This is a great opportunity to work with a variety of species, to a high standard and be part of a friendly and supportive practice.
Experience with exotics desired but not essential as we will provide inhouse training and courses which as encouraged and funded
Rota and Salary
The role is 4 days per week, and 1:4 sat am and sun am. OOH is on rotation and a separate supplement paid for this. Tasks involve anaesthetics, inpatient care, nursing clinics, schedule 3 work.
- Salary of up to £30,000 depending on experience.
- The rota is designed to give a great work life balance with the 40 hours being spread over the 4 days a week Monday to Friday.
- Then a day off each week a rotation.
- Weekends 1 in 4;
- Saturday 8am -11:30am (overtime if staying later)
- Sunday 9am-11am (overtime if staying later)
- Working the above shifts on a share of bank holidays each year.
- Out of hours optional for additional wage supplement.
We are lucky to have great clients and a wide variety of patients! Our aim to is provide a high standard of veterinary care and upkeep and great local reputation. We pride ourselves on giving honest advice and we NEVER work to targets.
We are a busy practice and see a lot of exotic patients. We are lucky enough to have a wonderful hardworking team. Everyone looks out for each other and has each other’s back, which makes a supportive and homely atmosphere. We aim for everyone to have a good work/life balance with our rota patterns and team moral.
About the Team and Culture
We are a big team of 11 vets (1 diploma holder, 1 cert holder, 4 others sitting certs), 4 OOH vets,1 head nurse, 1 deputy head nurse, 1senior nurse, 9 RVNs (most have exotic qualifications), 4 student nurses, 7 aux nurses, 7 receptionists, 2 admin assistants and 1 practice manager.
We all have our roles on the daily rota which we rotate but we are always willing to help each other in other areas and pull together on the crazy days to make the day run smoothly.
We are a great team, no clicks and ride the emotional rollercoaster of the veterinary practice together. Lots of in work goodies, games, fun events, socials, staff member of the week and monthly winners.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Competitive salary
- 1 in 4 weekends
- 23 days annual leave
- Practice pension scheme
- A fully and well-equipped Tier 2 practice
- Bonus scheme
- Staff benefits
- 23 days annual leave
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Free flu jabs
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...