We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. We can offer a flexible rota with either 8 or 10-hour shifts, full-time or part-time, no on-call and only one in 4 Saturdays (finishing at 4pm). We are a very supportive team with 3 other experienced Vets and 4 qualified Vet Nurses. Salary range £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience.
We are a small animal practice with digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, separate cat, and dog ward plus isolation. We are in a beautiful part of the countryside, within easy reach of the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley, but with easy access to Bristol, Cardiff, and Gloucester. We care about our staff wellbeing and have a dedicated mental health first aider on-site to check in with staff.
We have a total of 6 vets, 8 nurses and 10 receptionists over 3 sites. We have vets holding surgery and exotics certificates. Two of our vets are training towards certificates in ophthalmology and feline medicine. Our candidate needs to be a good all-rounder who genuinely cares about their clients and patients. The team has a family feel, we regularly meet up outside of work for meals and dog walks.
Here’s what the team has to say:
Lovely, friendly place to work where colleagues become good friends.
Proud to be part of such a great team.
Nice client base where you get to build great relationships.
Great team who trusts and respect each other.
All staff ensure the best care is given at all times.
A lovely place to work where all pets are treated as if they were your own.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with 2 years plus UK experience. It is essential that you are a good communicator with plenty of compassion.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Holidays for Vets- 6.6 weeks including bank holidays
- RCVS fees paid by practice
- CPD allowance - standard IVC allowance + hours paid pro rata
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Certificate support - the practice would be very willing to support candidates, but this would be discussed on an individual basis.
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IVC Evidensia's vets, nurses and support staff are its greatest asset - because only their skills, enthusiasm and dedication can make things happen. ...