Norwich Perm Vet
A very busy small animal first opinion practice near Norwich are looking for a vet. Ideally for a full time position a 4-day week (9am-7pm with an hour's lunch) and a set day off each week however are happy to discuss other options. 1:4 weekends (Saturday 9am-6pm and Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm). No Out of Hours.
Someone confident with all routine first opinion work, however, there would always be support available for those needing support in some areas. They have a supportive, experienced team with certificate holders in surgery and ophthalmology and four other vets currently studying for certificates. A brand-new ultrasound, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, tonometry, slit lamp, multi parameter units for both theatres and full in-house lab. There are 4 consulting rooms, a theatre, prep room, imaging room, dog and cat wards, isolation and lovely new reception area with separate cat and dog waiting areas.
What they can offer:
- A positive, happy and supportive working environment.
- Salary range £30000-50000 (FTE)
- A wonderful team of 4 vets, 4 RVNs, 2 students RVNs and lots of support staff.
- A qualified dog behaviourist who offers in house behavioural consultations and puppy classes.
- Zero tolerance policy on inappropriate behaviour and language from clients and staff.
- 20-minute appointments slots for all types of appointment.
- Good work life balance
- Strongly promotes recycling
- Open to part time working
- Clear job descriptions and expectations
- Competitive salary scale appropriate to experience
- Regular pay reviews
- Regular career development reviews
- Generous CPD per annum of £1000 with added support towards certificates.
- Excellent Clinical Support
- Free In house Learning and Development CPD Portal
- Regular Vet and Nurse Clinical Club meetings
- Certificates and Special Interests supported and encouraged.
- Encourage non-clinical CPD (leadership and development)
- Encourage feedback and ideas to move the business forward
- Paid membership for RCVS, VDS
- Companion Pension Scheme
- 40 % veterinary staff discount and 20% Pets At Home staff discount
- 5 weeks holiday per annum, increasing to 6 weeks after 1 full years' service(Jan-Dec).
- Your birthday off as an additional days holiday (or within a month of that date)
- 1 weeks full pay sick pay after 1 full years' service increasing with length of service(Jan-Dec)..
- No OOH
- Exclusive colleague discounts including High Street retailers and restaurants.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Beyond all else, we’re committed to animal health and welfare, and we absolutely put pets first. The most powerful relationships we have are with pets...