Perm Vet Surgeon - Independent Practice
We are looking for the next veterinary member of our family run, close-knit team. The right candidate will need to feel at home within the culture. The practice's preferred approach to clinical work is based on the following:
- A proactive clinical orientation to resolving cases
- A desire to build relationships with clients and ensure they feel comfortable and consensual with your proactive clinical work
- A desire to work collectively within a team, proactively supporting colleagues and working within our culture
- A desire to grow as an individual and be open to growth and development in both clinical and non-clinical aspects of the role
- A recognition that we are all human and acceptance of imperfections in oneself and in others
- A desire to discuss financial implications and charge without embarrassment
The workload is split fairly amongst the whole vet team with continuity of patient and client care at the forefront of what we do. Our clients know we are all human and treat us with kindness and respect.
Interests are encouraged; we currently have visiting specialists for ultrasonography, cardiology, orthopaedics and soft-tissue surgery so there is the case load available for someone with one of these interests or a fantastic knowledge base to support case workups.
We are based in the heart of a lovely community and are surrounded by green parks and independent eateries! The practice is currently undergoing an exciting expansion into the neighbouring property. We ask all new registrations to join our health care plan meaning we can build relationships with an engaged client base who want the best for their pets in turn allowing us to practice excellent proactive care.
Work-life balance is so important and breaks throughout the day are, too. These are all factored into our rota giving you time to think about cases, discuss those cases that niggle your brain or have a cup of tea and chat with the team. We have regular well-being meetings to ensure we are supporting your work-life balance as best we can.
- Fantastic supportive nursing and reception team to work alongside
- Morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
- Fortnightly fruit delivery, regular staff outings and socials (previous have included ghetto golf, gorge scrambling and pottery painting to name a few) and regular wellbeing meetings
- Working towards Investors in the Environment Bronze (and hopefully more); we believe in playing our part in reducing our carbon footprint
- Engaged and kind client base
- Full time position - 4-day week (set day off each week)
- 1 in 3 Saturday mornings 8.30-1.30pm
- Part time is considered, let us know what would work for you
- No out of hours cover (this is covered by VetsNow)
- 5 weeks holiday and no bank holiday work
- CPD allowance: 3 days and £1500 per annum (negotiable and certificates supported)
- RCVS and BVA fees paid
- Staff discount and cycle to work scheme
- £30,000 for new graduate (new graduate training scheme provided too worth £6,000)
- £33,000-£45,000 for 1-5 years qualified
- £45,000-£65,000 for 5+ years qualified
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Browse permanent and locum jobs at RCVS Accredited Independent Practices