Mobile Palliative Vet - Shropshire
Mobile vet in Shropshire is needed for end-of-life service for pets.
Do you fancy a change of pace? To be able to see fewer clients per day and have time to breathe in between? To see clients who are appreciative and grateful for your time and skill?
- Part time role with elements of flexible working to suit your commitments
- Suited to someone who lives in or near Shrewsbury
- You would enjoy driving and managing your own diary for the day.
- Full support and training provided.
- Opportunities for additional hours and/or partnership.
We are seeking an experienced and compassionate Field-Based Vet to join a dedicated Palliative and End-of-Life care team in the Shropshire area. This unique role offers an exceptional opportunity to provide essential palliative and end-of-life care services for pets, ensuring their comfort, dignity, and support during their final stages of life. If you possess a strong sense of empathy and exceptional communication skills, we encourage you to apply.
- No surgery, no GP work, 100% mobile
- Deliver comprehensive and compassionate palliative and end-of-life care to pets within their home environment.
- Provide emotional support and guidance to pet owners, helping them navigate the challenges of this difficult time.
- Conduct thorough assessments of pets' conditions, maintaining accurate records and communicating findings effectively.
- Exhibit exceptional communication skills to educate pet owners about the palliative and end-of-life care process, possible outcomes, and available options.
- Display professionalism and empathy while interacting with clients, fostering strong relationships based on trust and understanding.
- Work in coordination with our veterinary team to ensure seamless and holistic patient care.
- Utilize a fully kitted vehicle provided by the company for travel to client appointments, ensuring timely and efficient route planning.
- Dedicate a significant portion of time to driving due to the nature of the field-based role.
- RCVS (Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons) registration is mandatory.
- Possess a clean UK driving licence and maintain responsible driving practices.
- A strong commitment to providing compassionate palliative and end-of-life care to pets and their families.
- Exceptional empathy, compassion, and the ability to navigate emotionally charged situations with sensitivity.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively engage with pet owners, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Adaptability to a flexible schedule involving mid-week and weekend shifts.
- Comfort with a substantial amount of driving as part of the field-based role.
- Prior experience in palliative and end-of-life care is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Willingness to undergo comprehensive training in palliative care techniques, with the option for additional training in end-of-life care.
- Competitive salary.
- RCVS and VDS paid.
- Paid overtime and commission after hours.
- Opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of pets and their families during a crucial time.
- Provision of a fully equipped company vehicle, stationed at a central office location.
- Comprehensive training, including the option for specialized training in end-of-life care.
- Collaborative and supportive team environment with a focus on professional growth.
If you are a dedicated veterinary professional with a deep empathy for pets and their owners, and if you are seeking a unique and rewarding role in the field of palliative and end-of-life care, we encourage you to apply for this exceptional position. Please submit your CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and your genuine commitment to enhancing the quality of life for pets in their final stages.
Job ID 34463
Browse permanent and locum jobs at RCVS Accredited Independent Practices