This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, customer-focused Senior Veterinary Surgeon to join the team at our state-of-the-art Liverpool surgery. We're looking for an individual with a surgical bias, so they must either be a certificate holder, working towards a certificate or would like to start one at the earliest opportunity. We will fund the PG-Cert.
This role has a focus on enhancing specific clinical practices and procedures, increasing the credibility of the practice and upskilling colleagues. The chosen candidate will spearhead the surgical agenda, supporting us in our ambitions to become a centre of excellence for orthopaedics and complex soft tissue surgery in the North West, bridging the gap between first opinion and referral centre. This role is also responsible for all relevant aspects of clinical governance.
We're investing heavily in new technology for our surgery, so it's an exciting time to join us. We've recently upgraded our ultrasound technology and our long-term plan is to install a CT scanner in our Liverpool surgery.
To attract and retain the best talent in the sector, we offer market-leading salaries, flexible work patterns and locations, a generous bonus scheme, opportunities for voluntary work overseas, fully-funded post-grad certificates, quarterly recognition payments and electric company cars.
Duties and responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Head Vet provide the appropriate development and mentoring to drive the Vet team’s clinical compliance and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate in a positive and professional manner with the whole surgery team to deliver best patient care whilst adhering to the practice procedures.
- Take clinical direction from the Clinical Director / Head Vet.
- Demonstrate flexibility to share daily tasks and responsibilities amongst the veterinary team.
- As agreed with the Area Manager, deputise for the Clinical Director / Head Vet in their absence.
- Conduct consultations, investigations and surgical procedures.
- Adhere to and reinforcing compliance to the Practice Procedures Manual, Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Forms.
- Agree corrective action and improvement requirements, following internal audits, and ensuring their completion within the agreed timescale, pertaining to any specialist work done.
- Develop and maintain skills and experience whilst completing CPD requirements.
- Maintain timely, accurate and up to date clinical notes for each patient.
- Lead by example by consistently demonstrating a caring, professional attitude to clients, patients and the surgery team.
- Communicate promptly and effectively with customers regarding progress of investigations, treatment and follow-up care.
- Ensure that inpatients receive the appropriate clinical care and an effective handover is conducted between colleagues and/or out of hours providers.
- Encourage the use of internal referrals and seek the assistance of appropriate colleagues or advisory bodies to deliver clinical excellence.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints, escalating the matter to the Head Vet if the complaint requires additional support.
- Collaborate with the surgery and central leadership team to expand and improve the services provided at the surgery through e.g. purchase of new equipment, introducing new protocols, recruiting new roles, funding additional CPD.
- Work with the surgery management team to consistently deliver the best patient care and customer experience, cultivating a positive, collaborative working environment for all colleagues.
- Support the leadership team in promoting the strategic plan and the values of The Vet and driving continuous improvement.
- Special projects as agreed with the Managing Director
This role is based in a fast-paced environment and we’re looking for a Senior Vet who can lead by example.
This position requires strong communication, organisational and time management skills, and a positive mental attitude towards daily tasks and responsibilities. The post holder must demonstrate empathy, kindness and compassion, whilst also being calm and confident under pressure.
Job ID 34347
Browse permanent and locum jobs at RCVS Accredited Independent Practices