Experienced Small Animal Vet
“A small team with a big heart who work together in a professional environment but make it feel like family”
We are looking for an Experienced Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join a team of 3 Small Animal Vets, 5 Large Animal Vets and 3 Nurses. We are looking for someone who is passionate about customer and pet care and wishes to join our vision for small animals in the South Down practice. We also have exciting times ahead with a new practice opening on a part time basis in the beautiful seaside town of Warrenpoint.
We offer a high medical and surgical caseload, and challenging trauma cases. You will have a grounding in all aspects of general practice (medical and surgical); however, most of the workload will be consultancy based. We are highly equipped (digital x-ray, lab suite, advanced ultrasound etc) for all medical and surgical investigations. We offer both first and second opinion services from across Northern Ireland. You will have the opportunity for career progression within clinical and/or management.
Newry city sits in a valley, between the Mourne Mountains, Ring of Gullion and the Cooley mountains. It is also ideally located within an hour’s drive from both Dublin and Belfast.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary
- There is flexibility with hours – full time or part time work is available
- OOH/ weekend rota – 2 days off in lieu will be given.
- 6.6 weeks pro rata paid holiday including bank holidays
- £1750 CPD pro rata allowance per annum
- Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- Two other membership subscriptions
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Perks – offers, discounts and cashback on shopping, travel, entertainment and much more
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Colleague engagement survey
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
Please enquire if interested.
Job ID 34179
We believe in investing in our people because we value everyone in our practice and central support teams. We aim to help colleagues develop the knowl...