Equine Vet Surgeon
Due to expansion, we require an Experienced Equine Veterinary Surgeon (preferably with an orthopaedic bias) to join our existing team of 14 equine only vets.
The hospital provides first opinion services for horse clients in central Scotland and receives equine referral cases from vets throughout Scotland and the north of England. The practice has a strong tradition of post graduate further education with 9 employees gaining RCVS certificate (or higher qualification) in the last 10 years.
The hospital has full surgical theatre for all operations with stabling for 11 horses. Nuclear scintigraphy, gastroscopy, shock therapy and all other facilities and equipment expected in an equine hospital.
We are also in the process of expanding our equine hospital.
- Very supportive practice and colleagues
- Well-equipped and modern practice with video endoscopy, ultrasound, digital x-ray, etc.
- Full-time – 5-day week, or part-time
- £1,750 CPD allowance and 5 days paid CPD leave – more if a certificate holder
- RCVS & VDS fees paid, plus membership of one other society of your choice, e.g., BEVA
- Experienced 13-Vet team with varied interests
Other Benefits include:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Enhanced sick, maternity, and paternity pay, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Pension after 3 months
- Health Shield
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work
- My perks – offers, discounts and cashbacks on shopping, travel, entertainment and much more
- Annual pay reviews
- VDS cover
Please enquire if interested.
Job ID 34150
We believe in investing in our people because we value everyone in our practice and central support teams. We aim to help colleagues develop the knowl...