We are an independent small animal practice in Newcastle-upon-Tyne recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing so you must be capable in all areas, pulling from your experience working in a small animal practice. You will have the ability to balance empathising with clients and maintaining your professionalism. You will be prepared to develop your skills by working closely with the whole team and must have an excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Your general nursing skills will involve assisting in operating theatre, emergency operations, in-patient care, laboratory work and nurse consultations.
This role is full time for 4 days per week with shifts from 8:30am to 6:30pm, along with 1 in 4 Saturdays. There will be some cover required at the nearby branch practice in Tynemouth.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 4 days per week, shifts from 8:30am to 6:30pm
- Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturday mornings
- Branch work: Some cover at branch
- Team: 3 vets, 1 RVN, 2 SVNs, 2 Receptionists, 1 Practice manager
The clinic has been established for over 50 years, and is now under new ownership and management with exciting plans for the future. We are committed to continuously improving our standards and facilities for the benefit of both our clients and staff.
Together, the new senior team bring extensive experience from working in a variety of practices across the UK, bringing the best ideas from across the industry. We are highly conscious of the issues experienced within our profession and our priority is their people and our wellbeing. We aim to be approachable, open to all ideas, and reward employees appropriately for their hard work and loyalty.
- You will need to be confident in your own abilities and have excellent clinical and customer service skills to succeed
- Teamwork, patient care, high standards and building relationships with clients are at the forefront of what they do
- They are looking for an enthusiastic, goal oriented and self-motivated veterinary nurse to continue the rapid growth of the practice
- You will need to be comfortable liaising with other veterinary team members, specialists and service providers
- We would love someone keen to develop new services and to bring their experience and ideas to the role
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services along with state-of-the-art technology and diagnostic equipment, including:
- In-house laboratory
- Nurse clinics
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary: From £28,000/annum, dependent on experience
- Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Excellent career opportunities and development
- Contributory pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job ID 34141
Browse permanent and locum jobs at RCVS Accredited Independent Practices